The best of the best are finally here! I wanted to keep the ones I always mention out of this post. I wanted to talk more about ones that were kind of exclusive to this year – mostly new discoveries, new launches, and rediscovered favorites. Here they are, categorized into skincare, makeup, and nails!
- Simple Miscellar Cleansing Water – read here this one is a definite favorite and discovery of 2015.
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo (Dual Action Acne Treatment) – this is both a hit and a miss. I don’t think this is for everyone, and definitely not even for any kind of spot. I put this in my favorites because this really is the only spot treatment that completely got rid of the small bumps on my forehead. I never really broke out on my forehead until recently. So strange! But this completely did the job, but it hasn’t been a miracle worker for cystic acnes along my jawline.
- Mizon Starfish Eyecream (discontinued) – I thought about whether to add this to the list because the “Starfish” line itself has been discontinued by the Brand, Mizon. Still yet, because I have completely used it up and loved every inch of it, I thought I should still include it. It has a pudding like texture and has done what eye creams are to do! Nourish without weighing the eye area down.
- Tatcha Camellia Nourishing Lip Balm – read here this is also a huge discovery for me this year. The best of the best of all lip balms, for real.
- Shara Shara Honey Bomb – read here
- Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Multi Purpose Oil Balm – read here I couldn’t include this in my picture because I had already used it up and threw away the bottle, but this product definitely needs a mention! Great for just about everything!
- YSL Touche Eclat Blur Primer – read here (bought the full size!)
- Innisfree Long Wear Cushion (shade 31) – read here
- Innisfree Single Eyeshadows – they have different formulations, and I’ve tried all of them except the matte kinds. I seriously love them. Considering the price (bought it during a special promotion 1+1) the pigmentation is amazing, as well as the dimension of the glitter and shimmer shades!
- It’s My Cushion (DIY-self cushion) – read here
- Too Cool for School Art Class by Rodin Contour Kit – read here – I haven’t done a full in-depth review of this one so I’ll try to sum up my thoughts briefly here. The kit comes with three shades (light to dark), and I like to swirl them all together. The shades are definitely on the cool side, and I highly recommend this for fairer skin tones! It is subtle but defined, and I’ve been reaching for this everyday since I got it! You can even easily contour your nose and eyes/brow bones with this. All in one, basically.
- Holika Holika Waterdrop Tint Stick (Color: Pomegranate) – read here
- Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer – This is a great concealer in that it will not budge and pretty conceal anything. The only downfall though is that it can look a little cakey. Still yet, I add it to the best of the best list because it gets the job done well.
- Mayelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer (Shade: Neutralizer) – this can brighten anything. I love this as a wake-me-up product, and the effect is instantaneous. I love to carry this around for touchups because makeup has a tendency to oxidize and make my face look dull throughout the day, but this helps to brighten my face up!
- Collection 2000 Concealer (Shade Light 2) – still not as easily accessible as I would like this to be, but this Brit brand concealer is really worth the hype. I would even rate this my number one concealer because it not only conceals dark circles but also blemishes. It lasts super long and does not look cakey!
- Beauty Blender makeup applicator – read more this is a rediscovery because I neglected it for awhile until this year when I rediscovered how good this is!
- Holographic film (to create Shattered Glass Nail trend) – read here
- Etude House Play Nail Sticker (Gold Studs) – read here
- Essie Gel Setter (top coat) – read here
- Essie All-in-One (I use it as a base coat) – this is an all-in-one but I use it just as a base coat. It gives me the smoothest, most nourishing base!
- Byredo Blanche – read more nothing more needs to be said. This is just me in a bottle.
Whew! That wraps everything up for this year. Hope everyone has a happy new year and see you all in 2016 🙂